In light of rapid development in the field of IT and communications, and because of PSAU keenness to follow up such development and to improve its performance, the e-fax project was developed to be a result of IT and communications progress.
E-Fax: is a project aims to provide fax service on each employee or department computers. The service is meant to be easy, fast, efficient and secure to sender and receiver.
The e-fax does not require special skills, because it developed to flexible. The computer will be tuned after requesting the service by calling user services.
How to use:
After tuning the computer, users can receive or send faxes through the program window or the e-mail. Nevertheless, if the user wishes to send a fax to specified extension, he should dial the main fax number, and then dial the required extension.
Benefits of use:
- Costs reducing, because this service uses the university’s network instead of regular fax line.
- Ease of use and saving time in comparing with traditional fax.
- Documents security and privacy.
- Sending to multiple users at once.
- Sending multiple documents at once.
- Archiving faxes to be viewed on demand.
- Receiving reports by e-mail that indicates fax status.
- Receiving faxes through e-mail.