Portal: is the website of Prince Sattam bin Abdul Aziz University including all that belongs to it such as the websites of the colleges, deanships, directorates, and faculty members.
University: Prince Sattam bin Abdul Aziz University.
Deanship: it is the IT and Distance Learning Deanship represented by E-Portal Administration.
The policy of usage: All the conditions and regulations must be considered for e-portal usage.
Content: is the texts, charts announcements, links, and other media.
External links: they lead to the move out of the university’s website.
This portal is the official and only website of PSAU. The e-portal and its content are administrated by the IT and Distance Learning Deanship represented by E-Portal Administration. Users of the e-portal must take into consideration the following regulations:
The policy of usage:
- The usage of the e-portal means the approval of all the conditions and regulations mentioned in the policy of usage.
- The deanship is entitled to alter or modify the policy of usage from time to time without any warning. In case of such modification, the deanship shall display them through the e-portal. The usage of the portal after the modification indicts the user consent.
- User of the e-portal shall review the policy usage often.
The content and continuity of the content:
- The deanship is entitled to change the information of any website affiliated with the university at any time and without warning.
- The deanship shows a reasonable keenness regarding the accuracy of the information on the e-portal and affiliated websites. Although, it cannot ensure its complete accuracy and does not provide any guarantee regarding the content.
- The deanship does huge efforts to keep the continuity of the e-portal, but it holds no responsibility to operate the network and the internet service outside the university.
Content update permission
• The permission to publish and update the university’s electronic portal content rests with the portal administration of the Deanship of IT and Distance Learning at Prince Sattam University.
• Each university entity has an independent website with permission to manage it completely, so the responsibility for publishing and updating the e-content of each entity rests with the dean or director of the responsible entity.
• Each faculty member has an independent website that bears the responsibility to publish and update its entire content.
• The responsibility of managing the university's e-newspaper lies with the Department of Public Relations, as they have full permission to publish and update the contents of the e-newspaper, including news, events, and articles.
• Administrative staff of the university.
Types of published content:
• University news.
• University events.
• Photo albums.
• Open data.
• University announcements.
• Contact data for university employees.
- The deanship is not entitled to review the outside links connected to the e-portal.
- The deanship holds no responsibility for the content and the services provided by the not affiliated websites to the e-portal.
Supervision and training:
- Each entity of the university has the right to have its supervisor. The supervisor is given the required permissions on his computer and his account on the single-sign-on system. Therefore, he holds responsibility for the entity’s website and its content.
- The supervisor of the entity’s website is designated by a formal letter, which can be downloaded from this link.
- The deanship is obliged to provide the necessary training to administrate the website for any entity have a website affiliated with the e-portal. The training can be requested through a formal letter, the e-portal e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by calling (05882125). It is worth mentioning, that the e-portal holds regular training and workshops for such purpose, which is announced in due course.
- Each faculty member and his equivalent at the university is entitled to acquire the necessary training to administer his page affiliated with faculty member pages.
- Each female faculty member and her equivalent at the university is entitled to acquire the necessary training to administer her page affiliated with faculty member pages through CCTV. The training is requested through the supervisors of the websites by sending a formal letter addressed to the deanship.
The e-portal is an e-publication means for all the university’s members and sectors. Therefore, it must be used to benefit the university and its members, and its sectors. The e-portal usage must not prejudice in any way the reputation of the university and its employees or expose them to legal accountability, which is achieved by complying with the following:
- Copyrights: All the content published in the e-portal must comply with the copyright, which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Any e-media that does not belong to the page owner has copyright.
- Researches that are published in scientific conferences and magazines.
- E-books and e-publications.
- Inappropriate content, which includes the following:
- Texts that contain obscene, offensive, racist, or threatening words, pictures, and ideas.
- Texts that violate the regulations and traditions of the university, community, and the kingdom.
- Texts that expose the privacy of others in any way.
- The appropriate usage of language grammar and spelling of the text.
- Information modernity: the website editor must update the content of the pages, which includes news, information, phone numbers, e-mails, course description, and other data.